Conduit: Making the Impossible Possible
Move instantly from your desktop to a virtual or high-resolution digital prototyping environment with Conduit™. The software intercepts graphics commands from a desktop application, such as Google Earth, and redistributes them to one or more PC workstation nodes driving an immersive display. All this is accomplished without converting data or putting a limit on scaling resolution.
View our Conduit video here.
Once each node receives the graphics calls, it adjusts for either stereoscopic 3D or the viewer's perspective and displays the point of view. For example, a four-node cluster could drive a four-wall CAVE with each node responsible for one wall.
Without changing the desktop application, Conduit provides:
- Support for multi-channel, multi-planar 3D displays systems, such as the Mechdyne CAVE™
- Stereoscopic viewing for true depth perception
- Motion tracking, giving you real-time changes in your perspective as you move within the virtual environment.
- Enhanced resolution output using cluster-based, multi-projector, tiled displays proven beyond 100 million pixels
- Real time digital prototyping in virtual reality without time-intensive file conversions
- Ultra-high resolution display of GIS data with intuitive navigation
- Immersive and interactive data reviews to promote collaboration and speed decision making
Integrate Human Operators in Simulations
Step inside a virtual avatar to directly interact with your data. Mechdyne’s advanced motion capture technology gives you a more realistic simulation perspective through a motion capture suit.
Multiple participants in a virtual environment can collaborate and interact from a first person perspective. Walk through your assembly, see your engineering design from every angle, and watch a process simulation, all made possible with Conduit add-on capabilities.
Mechdyne's motion capture technology is comprised of the Multi-User option and Mannequin Tracker Module for Mechdyne's Conduit for V5 software. This paired with IPSI Server and RTI-Delmia software from Haption allows you to collaborate and interact with your V5 designs for a multitude of business and research possibilities, such as:
- Manufacturing process reviews
- Ergonomic studies
- Maintenance operations simulations
- Training scenarios
- Assembly Studies
- Collaborative learning settings
Conduit Application Support
Using Conduit, we can make popular desktop design, GIS and modeling applications VR-aware. Depending on your requirements, we offer several levels of application support.
These applications are 100 percent compatible with Conduit, and Mechdyne is a certified application partner. We follow release cycles closely and guarantee the support of these applications:
Applications: NX, Process Simulate, Teamcenter Visualization Mockup, Jack
Applications: ProEngineer/Creo Elements, Creo Parametric
Vendor: Dassault Systemes
Applications: ENOVIA V5, CATIA V5, DELMIA V5
DCC (Digital Content Creation)
GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
Applications: ArcScene, ArcGlobe, CityEngine
Applications: Google Earth
A large number of 3D graphics applications are compatible out-of-the-box with Conduit, however they might not be certified. We can consult to promote them to certified status and through testing, certification, and active maintenance. Watch our Conduit video to see how it works: