Wireless networks allow devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, or any other IoT devices to be connected to a corporate network with the freedom to roam untethered throughout an organization. While this solution may have struggled with speed and security in the past, Wi-Fi standards have improved and significantly eroded the differences between wired and wireless networks.
What are the Benefits of Wireless Networks?
- Convenience – gain access to network resources from any location within your wireless network coverage space. You no longer are limited to your desk to access network data.
- Productivity – teammates can collaborate easily while still accessing necessary documents or applications from anywhere within the coverage area.
- Security – advances in remote network technology have improved security protections.
- Scalability – no additional wiring is required to add new devices or equipment to the wireless network.
- Cost-effective – wireless networks can cost less to operate than traditional networks because wiring expenses are reduced.