The Mechdyne CAVE™ virtual reality (VR) system is a room-sized, fully immersive VR experience that combines stereoscopic displays, computer graphics, and motion-tracking technology to create a full-body sense of presence in a virtual environment. Whether two screens or up to six screens are used, a CAVE virtual reality environment allows one or more users to become fully immersed in and interact with their virtual models. As compared to a head-mounted VR device, this large-scale, full immersion VR solution enables:
- Fast analysis and interpretation of spatially-related data given expanded periphery images, including the floor
- Engagement of the “whole-brain,” using full body VR immersion and awareness, for enhanced retention
- Intuitive work within realistic, life-size, or scale-appropriate data for research or design. Stand inside a molecule or collaboratively design a building or work cell. A CAVE creates a completely immersive reality.
- Focus on data for extended periods of time without the discomfort of wearing the technology
- Viewing and collaborating with colleagues directly for expressions, gestures, and more.