CAVE2: The Next Generation in Hybrid Visualization Environments
Mechdyne is proud to be the only licensed integrator for the next-generation large-scale virtual reality environment—the CAVE2™.
View exclusive CAVE2 trailer.
CAVE2 combines the benefits of scalable-resolution display walls with a groundbreaking, second-generation virtual reality system. The result is a near-seamless, 320-degree, panoramic 2D/3D virtual environment that matches human visual acuity. This revolutionary system supports information-rich analysis with stunning immersive visuals and intuitive interaction tools with unique features that take virtual reality to a new level.
A CAVE2 system integrated by Mechdyne may be designed for active or passive stereo viewing and unlike the cube-like viewing area of a CAVE, the CAVE2 offers a groundbreaking cylindrical collaborative space that is truly the future of virtual reality.
Bring the Competitive Advantage to Your Organization
In today's information-rich world there are limitless uses for virtual environments, such as:
- 320-degree, panoramic design
- 60' X 8' display, for 480 square feet of viewing surface
- 72 near-seamless passive stereo off-axis-optimized 3D LCD panels-can be scaled to fit your unique needs
- Scalable high-performance computer cluster
- 20.1 surround sound audio system
- 10-camera optical tracking system-can be scaled to fit your unique interaction needs
- Ultra high-quality resolution of .029 inch per pixel
- Horizontal visual acuity that matches 20/20 vision
- Extended life of operation
- Ultra shallow 4" depth
Contact Us Today
* CAVE2™ is trademarked by the University of Illinois Board of Trustees
* 2012 images courtesy of the Electronic Visualization Laboratory (EVL), University of Illinois at Chicago